At the Cannes Lions 2010, the winners among Promo & Activation, PR, Direct, Media, Outdoor, Radio, Cyber, Design and Press have been announced as we write. While we await the Film & Film Craft winners, here’s a brief round up of some of the work that caught my eye, particularly in the print & outdoor categories:
1. Stopache: Great use of ambient medium and surely touches a chord among consumers.
2. Hot Wheels – Big Boy: One of those ‘I wish I had thought of it’ moments. Simple, yet striking and surely brings a smile to your face as you drive by.
Agency: Ogilvy, Mexico
3. Billboard Magazine – Bono: To drive home the point of ‘see what music is made of’ pictures of famous musicians were created using pixels of other people who influenced them. Awesome.
Agency: AlmapBBDO, Sao Paulo, Brazil
4. WWF – Biodiversity: May not be action oriented, but a striking visual nevertheless and a telling commentary on our current attitudes to nature.
Agency: Ogilvy, Paris
5. Bayer – Aspirin: Whoever said that copy-led ads can’t be visual? Brilliant.
Among the other categories, the work that sticks in my mind? Nike Chalkbot work, Volkswagen Fun Theory, Toyota’s IQ Font, Boone & Oakley’s website and a few others. India hasn’t done well at all in the Cyber category. One look at the winners and you know that we are light years behind them in terms of concepts, use of technology and execution. That’s perhaps a subject for another post. Which of the above are your favourites?